Meet my cats

I realized that I didn't have any pics of my cats on here.  So this is a quick post to show you my babies.  They're getting old - Buddy is 15, and Scully is 12 and will soon be 13.  Buddy was diagnosed with kidney failure almost 2 years ago.  I've read that by the time people see symptoms of kidney failure most cats only have a quarter of their kidney function left.  As soon as we received that diagnosis I changed her food to kidney diet for cats.  Supposedly it makes it easier for her kidneys to get the toxins out of her food, and therefore they don't have to work as hard and will last longer.  She doesn't like the food, but if that's what I have to do to keep her as healthy as possible, that's what I'll do.  I can't imagine not having my cats with me.  We've been through a lot together!  Btw, if any of you want information about kidney disease in cats, let me know.  I've done a lot of research and would be happy to share.
Budddy is the grey one on the left and Scully is the torty.

Comments

Popular Posts