Little Swiss Miss


How has your style evolved over the years?  I wasn't very interested in fashion at the age of 5 when this picture was taken.  I didn't become interested in fashion until I was a teenager, and then, like most teenagers, I just wanted to look like everyone else.  It wasn't until my twenties that I started developing my own unique style.  Unfortunately all of my photos from then until very recently are in boxes in my mother's garage, and on the hard drives of my old computer which are also stored.  I don't have my own place right now, so I don't have the luxury of having my favorite things easily accessible.
But someone came up with this great idea to do a project with our style over the years and I wanted to do as much as I could because it sounded fun.  So, here's my first school picture.  I think I look like a little Swiss girl. My style now definitely leans toward the bohemian.


This next photo was from 2005, I think.  I was in my favorite bohemian clothes, but I hadn't yet realized that when you wear something loose on top and on bottom, it tends to make you look larger than you are.  When your clothes have no definition, people are left to imagine what you look like under there.
Most of us keep learning as we get older and we refine our style, so we actually end up looking better when we're older than when we were teenagers.  Do you have any photos of yourself when you were younger that you  look at?  Do you think you look better then or now?

Comments

Popular Posts