Before summer ends

Purple is my favorite color, and I've always liked how it looks paired with blue for an outfit.  So it's no surprise that it looks great with blue eyeshadow.  Before the bright colors of summer gave way to the darker colors of autumn, I wanted to do another "bright eyes" creation.

The finished look:

Products I used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Wonder Full eye shadow
MAC Moon's Reflection shadow
MAC Pompous Blue shadow
MAC Vibrant Grape shadow
MAC Paint Pot in Delft
L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber mascara

First I put my eye primer on, then I brushed on a light blue shadow from the middle of my eye lid to the outer edge (not shown).  After that I used a small brush to put a bright blue in the inner corners of my eye lids.

Next I used a medium size brush to put bright purple in the center of my eye lid.

Then I used a crease brush (from Laura Mercier) to put the bright blue in the crease of my eye, leaving just the light blue on the outer corner.
I used a fluffy brush to blend the shadows.

The last eye shadow goes under the arch of my eye brow. This emphasizes the arch in the brow and makes your eyes stand out more.  It should always be a light color, generally beige or off-white, although in this case I used a pale blue.
Next I used a bent eye liner brush and cream eye shadow to line my upper and lower eye lid.


The last step is mascara - normally 2 coats.




Since my eye shadow was bright, I used a light pink lipstick and blush.  I loved the finished look and will definitely wear it again.

Comments

Popular Posts