Green and blue smoky eye shadow tutorial

Fall is coming, and with it comes darker make-up colors.  Instead of doing a traditional black or grey smoky eye, I created one with green and dark, matte blue.  This is one of my favorite looks of all time.
Here's how the finished eye looked:


Here are the products I used:
Urban Decay eye primer potion
MAC eye shadow in Swimming
MAC eye shadow in Prussian (matte)
MAC Technokohl pencil in Jade Way
MAC eye shadow in Wonder Full
Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof pencil in Zero
L'Oreal Voluminous False fiber mascara
Anastasia brow powder - blonde
MAC mineralize skinfinish - Pink Porcelain
MAC Viva Glam Nicki
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Right Image


After I put my eye primer on, I brushed on Swimming, a medium green frost shadow.

Next I used a pointed full brush to apply a dark blue in the crease of my eye


To line my upper and lower eyes, I used one of MAC's technokohl eye pencils in a dark green color



Then to line the inner rim of my lower lashes (also called the "water line" by some), I used one finger to pull the skin taut, and lined the inner rim with a waterproof black pencil.

I used a Q-tip to blend the blue and green shadows together

Then I used a very pale matte blue as a highlight under the arch of my brow

Next I made my brows more defined by brushing them into shape, then coloring them with light brown powder.

After that I used a spooley brush (as shown) to brush any extra powder off and shape them one last time.  Unfortunately when I looked up I got some of my pale highlight color on my crease and eye lid, so I had to touch those up.  Stuff happens!

The next step for my eyes was putting mascara on my upper and lower lashes


If I were a big false eye lash person, I could have put those on, too, but I only use those for very, very special occasions when I have a lot of prep time. For a little extra oomph, I decided to use a flat brush to press some of the matte blue shadow under my eyes, too.

I added a little mineralize skin finish powder to give my face some sparkle and color

Then I used one of my favorite bright lip colors - MAC's Viva Glam Nicki
 Since my lips were chapped, the lipstick sunk into ever little crack.  I put on some pink gloss to help even out that color.

This was my finished look. Gorgeous dark blue eyes and bright, luscious pink lips.  For fall, though, you can also use a dark berry or plum lipstick, or a nude color.  The dark colors are very popular this fall, so the next time I do this look I'll use a deep crimson for my lips for a more dramatic look.



Comments

  1. You look lovely here! This makeup makes your eyes pop and it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! I did this look one night when I wasn't taking photos and I liked it so much I recreated it to do the post. I'll be checking out your blog, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts