Monday, October 1, 2012

Purple for Fall

Purple is one of my favorite colors.  Normally in fall I wear darker make-up all-over, but sometimes, especially in early fall, I still like to wear a lighter version of purple.  For this tutorial I combined a medium purple with and orangey-peach and light pink lipstick.  Unfortunately I did this one a few weeks ago, and now I don't remember exactly what products I used.  So here's the look, and I'll list my best guess for what I used.

Products used:
Urban Decay primer potion on eyes
MAC Firespot (limited edition no longer available) shadow -  substitute peach
MAC Fig shadow
MAC Chill shadow
MAC Bordeuxline eye pencil
Maybelline Falsies mascara
MAC Creme de la femme lipstick

Step 1 - Peachy eyeshadow brushed over lid with a Laura Mercier eyelid brush







Step 2 - brush a dark purple in the crease of your eye












Step 3 - Highlight under the "arch" of your brow with white or off-white shadow


Step 4 - Blend shadows


Step 5 - Line upper and lower eye with a deep plum eye pencil

Step 6 - Smudge liner with a smudge brush

Step 7 - Mascara on upper and lower lashes


Tada - finished!

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, lovin' the plums and peachys! I'm leery of venturing off into color...I always end up resembling my little nocturnal friend that rambles through the trash;)
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeeda! One of my goals in writing this blog was to show a variety of color examples to get women more comfortable wearing color. So your comment was a big compliment!
    We have two of those nocternal friends, but ours like to come in through the pet door.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.