NYC eye shadow palette

I wrote a short review of this palette a few weeks ago, but I wanted to try ALL of the shadows, so I'm doing another one.  This palette has 1 light gray shadow, 1 medium gray, and 1 dark gray, along with a white highlighting shade.  It also has a primer and a luminizer.  The primer works fairly well but it does collect in the crease a bit.  For that reason I'll continue to use my standard eye primer, Urban Decay's primer potion.  Everything else, however, went on very nicely.  The shadows do have a little sparkle to them, but I liked them.  I decided to do my left eye with the medium and dark shadows, and the right eye with the light and medium gray shadows.  I used the same highlighting shadow on both eyes.  The palette comes with a foam applicator, but I preferred to use my brushes like I normally do.


The finished left eye, using the darker shades

The finished right eye, using a lighter shade on the lid

On my left eye, I put the medium gray shade on the lid

On my right eye, I put the light gray on the lid, and the medium gray in the crease

On the left eye, I put the darkest gray shadow in the crease

I used the white highlighting shade under my eyebrows on both eyes.


After I had all of the shadows on I blended them with a fluffy brush.

After I color my eyebrows with light brown shadow, I use a spooley brush to take any excess shadow off.

I lined my eyes with MAC's powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved (dark gray)


Then I lined the inner rim of my lower eyes with Urban Decay's 24/7 waterproof eye pencil in Zero (black)

Then I smudged some of the medium gray shadow underneath each eye, and I smudged the liner on the top lid.

Then I curled my lashes, which I always do. It does make a big difference.

Last I put Maybelline's Falsies mascara on my upper and lower lashes




That was it.  I put a little light pink lip gloss on and I was finished.  I think all of the shadows look good and for the price, the palette is a great deal.  Here's a few more photos of the finished eye looks and the total look.



Disclaimer - I received the eye shadow palette only as part of a beauty bloggers sample box from Influenster.com.

Comments

Popular Posts