Merry Christmas, everyone!

I know that I don't look too merry in this photo.  I was tired the night I took these and I think it shows.  But I still love the eyeshadow!
I hope that everyone who celebrates Christmas had a nice Christmas Eve and has a wonderful Christmas Day.  I'll be going to my brother's house to hopefully get a little visiting time with my nephew and niece before they're off with their friends.  They're both at the age where they don't want to spend much time hanging out with their aunts, so I haven't seen them for awhile.  The other half of my family, my Dad and other brother, live in Atlanta, so I won't get to see them.  My Dad was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer, so I wish I could go visit him, but I think it's better to wait and maybe go when he's recuperating from surgery or having treatment, since he and my Stepmom may need help then.  It's very odd - six years ago, I got a call 3 days before Christmas telling me about a spot my Dr. had found in my bladder, which also turned out to be cancer.  It was very unusual for a woman my age to have that.  Fortunately mine was not invasive and was easily removed in surgery, but my Dad's is invasive.  He'll have to have a much more radical surgery, and we're still waiting to see if it has spread.  I'm praying every day that it hasn't.  I just lost my oldest cat, I don't want to lose my Dad, too.

All of those kind of things make me remember that life can change in a day, and not to take anything for granted.  Treasure the good things you have, and if possible, get rid of the bad.  Life is short.  Don't put off things that are important to you, and don't let the irritating things stay with you.  Kiss, love, and hug others, your pets, and yourself.

My next post will be a tutorial on how to do the look above!  Have a great day!

Donna



Comments

  1. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I wish you and your family the best and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maxens. I'm not as into Christmas as I used to be, but I do love the general spirit of giving and love. And I love Christmas lights. Happy New Year to you, too.
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Hi Donna,

    Hope your Christmas day was nice even with the bit of bad news.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica. I did have a nice day. I ended up going to my sister's house and we always have a good time together. I hope that yours was good as well.
      Donna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts