MAC lipstick swatches

 When I saw an ad for the new Viva Glam lipstick from MAC, I had to have it.  A lovely light purple for spring!  Being a bit of a lipstick addict, I ordered two more while I was at it (I order online since that gives me access to all of their products).  I'd been wanting to order Saint Germain since I saw it on someone in a magazine, and I decided to try something different and get one of their Sheen Supreme lipsticks.  Who could resist a name like Insanely It?
Surprisingly, the Sheen Supreme was my favorite color, then the Saint Germain, and last the Viva Glam Nicki 2.  Keep in mind that the skin on your hand is not the same color as your lips.  Colors that are bright on pale skin won't be as bright on your lips, especially if your lips are highly pigmented.  The Viva Glam is more sheer than I thought it would be, so it will take a few layers for the color to look like it does in the tube.   Overall, though, I was happy with all three.  They're nice, bright colors that will be great for spring, if it ever comes to my part of the country.  We're still waiting...

From left to right:  MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2, Saint Germain, and Insanely It
From left to right:  Insanely It, Saint Germain, and Viva Glam Nicki 2




Are any of you buying bright colors for new spring make up?

Comments

  1. Saint Germain has always been a fav of most bloggers / youtube guru's .. although I've never picked it up. Your swatch looks so pretty! Hmm, may have to take a look see at the mall this weekend.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Saint Germaine was a favorite, Monica. I looked for it at Macy's but they didn't have it. That's when I found out that they only carry some Mac products. The MAC stores carry more, but I don't have one near me. So I order online, since they have everything including Pro products. The only downside to that is the colors shown online aren't accurate at all.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww these colors...! amazing<3
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one, it has a a 60s vibe to it. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try them!! The colours are great!


    www.jackiegloves.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts