Spring colors

Finally, I think spring is coming.  It was cold today in Pittsburgh (highs only in the 30's), but it's supposed to start warming up after this.  Finally!!! Everyone is so tired of the snow and cold.  I'm slowly getting my wardrobe ready for spring with brighter colors.  I do have a lot of clothes, unfortunately many of them don't fit.  I've see-sawed from one size to another for most of my adult life, so I hang onto things that I really like even if they don't fit at the moment.  Right now, however, I'm at the largest size I've ever been, so I don't have many clothes in this size.  And I really don't want to buy that many, because I don't plan to stay this size.  But I'm going to have to get a few things.  I've started with some things that won't change no matter what I weigh - shoes!
Come summer I'll be living in flip-flops and sandals, but for spring I need something that can get mud on it and wipe clean.  What better than these patent leather Doc Martens?  I love the three-tone color, and the oxford styling.  The flat soles are good for my back, but they're fun and stylish at the same time.  If any of you are interested, I ordered them from the online Doc Marten store.  The style name is "Harrie". They also have a pair that are yellow, pink and orangey.  Just too cute!  I prefer these classic styled Docs, but they're branching out and have a lot of different styles of boots and shoes now.





 Next in the bright color department is this colorful maxi dress.  I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it, as it has a few fit issues.  I bought it (from Wal-Mart, believe it or not) because I loved the colors and the straps on the back.  Since it doesn't fit quite right, I'm going to look around and see if I can find something similar but better fitting.  If not, I may have to use my sewing skills.

It's hard to truly see the straps when it's on a hanger, but this gives you a general idea of how they look.  I love the criss-cross.

Last, this shirt is made in such a clever way.  Most of it is cotton, but the side panels are made from stretch knit.  And it's such a fun color.

Shirt by Zac and Rachel from Marshalls
 I realize that some of you are going into autumn rather than spring (Australia, is that you?).  Bear with me, I'll be back to make up tutorials soon.  I've bought a lot of new skin care products and make up lately, so I have a lot to share.  I just had to write something about spring since it's taken soooo long to get here this year!!
Tell me what you're looking forward to wearing? 




Comments

  1. I'm just looking forward to more warmth so I can get outside and enjoy the great outdoors :-) This is the worst time of year in San Diego (damp/overcast).

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember what it was like in Irvine. I would happily take that now, though! I miss California so badly sometimes. It's my hope that I can afford to move back there some day. It is so beautiful there.
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love the print on that dress! And these shoes are so cute... somehow the colors make me think of some plastic dinosaurs, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boots so much. I also got a pair of leather ones in a plum color. I have a problem with my knee right now so I can't wear heels that often.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with your doc Marten's lol super cute for the spring and bring pop to an outfit.

    http://www.justmillij.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts