Purple for summer

One of my favorite colors is purple, and lately it seems that lots of other people are liking it, too.  i notice that when MAC introduces new lipsticks, the purple hues are the first to go.  I did a sort of subdued look awhile ago (which explains the sweater best) with purple lips.  Here's the finished look:


And here are the products that I used:

MAC Paint Pot in Girl Friendly (no longer available, but substitute any pink-beige)
MAC Pearlglide eye liner in Designer Purple
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara
MAC Creme blush in Posey
MAC Violetta lipstick
MAC Temperature Rising bronzer in Soft Sand

My first step was to apply the creme shadow (the MAC Paint), which I forgot to take a photo of).  Then I used a purple pencil to line my upper and lower eye. I've recently been trying out MAC's Pearlglide liners which are super creamy and have a little bit of pearl in the color.  I love them!  It doesn't say that they're waterproof, so I assume that they're not.  But as long as you're not swimming or rubbing your eyes a lot they're fine.



I use Laura Mercier's smudge brush to make sure there aren't blank spots in my pencil liner.  Unfortunately once you get older and your skin starts to have tiny lines and creases, it's easy to miss spots when you line your eyes.  I find pencil liners much easier than liquid ones for this reason.

Last for my eyes (after curling my lashes) I put mascara on top, bottom, and corners



After some tinted moisturizer and concealer, I put some blush on the apples of my cheeks.  My go to creme blush is MAC's Posey.  It looks too dark for my fair skin, but it blends in well.



Then I used MAC's bronzer in Soft Sand to give my pale skin a bit of a "tan".




Then I added Violetta lipstick for a nice big pop of color.  That almost always makes me feel good.


And smile!



Comments

Popular Posts