More fall boots to love

If you read my previous post about boot season, you'll remember that I said I wasn't really "into" any of the styles that were trending this year.  I should have known better.  Me?  Not into the boot du jour?  I now have a pair of "moto" boots on my Favorites list at Zappos, and I've bought a pair of Steve Madden's Troopas.  I'm so in love with that pair, a distressed dark brown leather, that I can't wait until I have enough money to buy another color in that style.  They're the perfect combat boot for women.  They look a little more feminine than Doc Martens due to a little less lug on the sole.  (Although I'll still be sporting my Docs this fall, too.)  Steve Madden has a few other variations on the Troopa style of boot that I want, but just don't have the money for right now.  Here are mine and some of the others.

Steve Madden Troopa boots in Mocha leather

Find these at Zappos, Nordstrom, or Stevemadden.com
Steve Madden Flight boots

Flight boots at Zappos or Stevemadden.com

Steve Madden Troopa LE boots (Zappos, Nordstrom, stevemadden.com)
Rocket Dog Damita motorcycle boots

Knee-high boots are very popular this fall, especially if they're flats and look like riding boots or motorcycle boots.  And no matter what length/height the boot is, the hot color is Cognac.  A rich, buttery light brown color in leather or faux leather is simply beautiful.  Again, it's on my list.  For now I'm happy to make due with the tall boots that I already have.  I'm thrilled to have my Minnetonka boots in blue AND purple, and I have a pair of Chinese Laundry black suede boots that are knee-high.


Minnetonka calf-high three layer fringe boots (Zappos or Minnetonka.com)


Skechers Abbot-Darling boots in cognac (Zappos)

Another type of shoe/boot that's popular this year that I didn't mention before is the sneaker with a hidden wedge heel inside.  I bought two pairs from Skechers, and they're both very, very comfortable.  The height of the wedge heel in these is 2 3/4" or so, but it doesn't feel like more than 1".  I love them and will wear them a lot this fall, I'm sure.



Skechers Staked (Zappos, 6pm.com or Skechers.com)


Also hugely popular this fall are boots with buckles anywhere on them.  I became enamored of these Report boots in part due to the gold buckles, and also because of the gold toe cap (not much of a cap, but it's cool, nonetheless).  They have a pointed toe AND run small, so it took a few orders until I found the right pair and size.

Report Signature Fairfield boots

find these at Nordstrom or Zappos. They run small so order up 1/2 or whole size


What kind of boots are you wearing this fall?

Comments

  1. The Steve Madden boots with the gold are pretty bad ass. I've been noticing that Stevie has been adding a lot of the gold bling to the heels lately. I have a pair of sandals from them in the same concept. The gold really helps elevate the outfit.

    theinternetandtheunicorn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts