MAC Viva Glam Rihanna 2

Are you a daring kind of girl or woman? If you are, you should pick up the new MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick.  If you haven't seen it yet, the newest Viva Glam lipstick is probably the most unusual one yet.  It's described as a mauvey silver frost.  It looks more like a brown with silver frost.  In the right light I can see the mauve, but for the most part you can't.  It looks like a grey brown.  So, it's not for everyone, but I love it.  I have SO MANY pinks, reds, oranges, purples, and nudes.  This is something that I don't have, and because of that I like it.  I will admit frosts are getting a little harder for me to wear without a primer or lip liner because the frost finish can accentuate lip lines.  But I don't mind using lip liner.

The best way to change up the look of this, however, is to layer the gloss on top of the lipstick.  It looks fantastic!  I haven't seen this combo look bad on ANYONE.  The gloss itself is stunning, a gorgeous lilac with red frost (MAC describes it as a "cool mauve with red frost").  When you put the gloss on over the lipstick it changes it into a more purple, less brown shade that is uniquely beautiful.

And of course all of the proceeds from this go to helping people with HIV/AIDS and their loved ones.  That in itself was a reason for me to buy it.

Here are a few snaps I took of the lipstick and gloss.





Just the lipstick
The lipstick with gloss layered over it
The gloss itself is stunning. A must have in my book


Comments

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts