MAC x Julia Petit collection and swatches

If you've tried to buy anything from the last few limited edition MAC collections, you know that it requires good timing and dedication to get the most in demand items.  I thought the collaboration with Julia Petit would be a bit easier, since she's a Brazilian star/model/blogger and not that well-known in the U.S.  I was wrong.
I'm usually ordering online the second that it goes on sale, but this time I was tired and got lost in a TV show so I wasn't watching the site for a few minutes.  (Of course that was when it went on sale.)  So I was a few minutes late to begin with, and then I paused for probably a minute debating on which payment method to use. Just that fast Boca lipstick was snatched out of my cart because it sold out.  I swear it was only on sale for 10-15 minutes before it sold out.  I quickly finished my order to get Acai, the Lustre Drops and Petite Red.  Then I decided to go back and place a 2nd order (as I often do) to get the Linda blush, but alas, it sold out before I could finish the order.  I was amazed, within the first 20 minutes 2 of the lipsticks were sold out and the blush.  I wasn't surprised when this happened for the Bao Bao Wan collection or Cinderella, but this one took me by surprise.
But I got the items that I wanted the most. I was unsure about how Boca would look on me, and I knew that there were permanent lipsticks that were very close dupes for it.  So I ordered Faux lipstick, which is indeed a very close dupe and I'm happy with it.  As far as the blush, I honestly didn't think it looked like anything too special, as there are plenty of peachy colored blushes available.
I just got my order today and snapped a few quick photos of what I got. My favorite item is the Acai lipstick, it is a gorgeous color and looks beautiful on. I was also very happy with Faux lipstick, although it does seem to make my lip lines more pronounced (I fear I'm getting to the point where I can't wear lighter colors of lipstick without gloss).  I swatched Brave over the weekend which is also named as a good Boca Dupe. I didn't swatch it on my lips, but I'll have to do that soon and see if it holds up better.  The lustre drops were a pleasant surprise.  I've never tried them but I put some on my hand and it was very very pretty.  I haven't had much luck getting powder highlighters to show up on me but these definitely will.
So here's what I got, and remember, the collection with Phillip Treacy (the milliner) releases online this Thursday.  It's also a small collection, with 3 lipsticks, I believe 3 fluid lines, and 2 (gorgeous) powders.  I have to say that all of the lippies are a skip for me, since I have plenty of reds and pinks that are dupes, and I have No Faux Pas already.  And with all of the fluid lines coming out in the big Spring collection (MAC is Beauty), I think I can wait to get those, too.  Finally, a few collections that I don't have to stress over.

Acai and Petite Red lipsticks
Acai clings to my lip lines and dry spots, too, but it's not as noticeable unless you're looking this close up.   It also leaves a stain after you eat and drink, which is nice




Faux lipstick (Boca dupe) Pretty color, but not great on my older lip lines

Faux lipstick with Water Deities gloss softens the lip lines a bit

Swatches: top - Lustre Drops
L to R:
Petite Red, Faux, Acai

Comments

Popular Posts