The good thing about winter is...

When I looked out the window on Wednesday, this is what I saw.  I'm probably as sick of winter as the next person, but there is one thing that I like about it.  Dark lipstick.

The view out my kitchen window
I think dark lipsticks look great in the fall and winter, but not so much during spring and summer. So I'm squeezing in the wearing of dark lipstick for these last few days or weeks of winter.  I love the drama that a dark lipstick gives.  If I'm in a hurry and don't have time for all of my make up, I just do my brows and swipe on a dark lipstick.  The look below I did with MAC lipstick in Film Noir, a very dark brown, my eye brow pencil and shadow (both Anastasia of Beverly Hills), and a tinted primer, Pores No More from Dr. Brandt.  I like myself better with eyeshadow, too, but this wasn't a bad look for a trip to the grocery store.






And one more thing, a favor that I'm asking of you...  My little girl Scully (in the picture below) is almost 16 years old and is having some health problems.  (The condensed version of this is to ask for prayers for her.)  I first noticed that she was losing weight and drinking a lot.  Since I just lost my cat Buddy to kidney disease in October, I was acutely aware that Scully was showing the same symptoms.  The vet ran blood work and found her kidneys were starting to fail, but worse was her diagnosis of hyper thyroid disease. I started her on medicine then, and took her back this week to see how it's working.  It does seem to be helping her thyroid, but she is still losing weight and has been coughing a lot.  Follow up blood work shows that something is very wrong with her heart, among other things.  She has been with me through relationship break ups, moving across the country twice, and so many other things.  I am not even over Buddy's death, and the thought of losing my other girl so soon fills my eyes with tears.  If you're a praying kind of person, could you say one for her?  And if you could throw in one for my Dad's surgery this coming Wednesday (to remove a malignant tumor) that would be really great, too.
Thanks, everyone!

Scully in the bed that her friend Buddy used to sleep in

Comments

  1. Hi Donna,

    Taylor (the dog who very much likes to chase kitties) and I will say a pray for your beautiful cat and dad <3

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica! I have some big decisions to make about Scully in order to find out exactly what is wrong with her heart. It will probably cost me a lot of money, but it's worth it to me. My girl Buddy had been with me for 18 years and died a horrible way (continuous seizures until I got to the animal hospital at 3 am, where they put her to sleep). I don't want Scully to die in a painful way.
      And my Dad's surgery is actually much more complex than what I wrote. I don't even want to go into the details, but in short, even if he gets through the surgery, he's got a lot of recovery ahead of him. (They have to take out more than the tumor.)
      Life certainly has it's twists and turns, doesn't it? I'm glad that there are people like you in it.
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I lost my kitty a few years back to old age, aka kidney failure- it was a heartbreak. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones, Donna. Sending healing and loving thoughts your way. -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bella! So you know what it's like to lose a baby. I am just praying that I don't have to lose 2 in such a short time. I appreciate the healing and loving thoughts very much.
      Donna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts